SERVE: 4 | PREP TIME: 45 minutes
A festive season favourite, that we think should be enjoyed year-round, because there’s nothing like getting people together over a delicious, warming bowl of soup.
- 4 pork fillets (300g)
- Three Friends abalone (1 can)
- 3 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn-starch
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 3 thin slices fresh ginger
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 4 celery ribs
- 1 chopped spring onion
- Thinly slice the pork and marinate in the soy sauce, sugar, corn-starch, half a tablespoon of oil, and some black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and stir in the ginger with a pinch of salt for about a minute. Pour in 6 cups of boiling water.
- Soak the mushrooms in a bowl of warm water for about 15 minutes. Slice the mushrooms and celery into thin strips.
- Add mushrooms, celery and marinated pork into the pan, pop the lid on and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Cut the abalone into slices and put them into the pan about 4 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle the spring onions over the top and serve immediately.